- 1.Love like an Inferno a Boy by Osemwengie Zion
- 2.Love by Hajaarh Muhammad Bashar
- 3.Àbèfé by Oladele Taiwo Oluwaseyi
- 4.Universal Love by Ekpeki Oghenechovwe Donald
- 5.Adesua by Onuchukwu Joseph Chimezie
- 6.Love Like… by Abdulbasit Abubakar Adamu
- 7.Love in Paragraphs by Chukwu Nneoma Jane
- 8.Write for Love 2018: Here Come the Lists
- 9.Love’s Affair by Nsofor Olivia Onyinye
- 10.Letter to Awero by Tomori Lateef
- 11.Let me Tell you by Winlade Isreal
Love is like a boy having hot porridge in his mouth.
Yet unwilling to let go.
A poet folds his lover’s name into a song
And rolls it around his teeth.
He silently chops it into letters,
And sews her into a fine song.
Father always said in his few moments of sobriety,
When you find love,
However small like a firefly,
Tend to it till it becomes an inferno.
Though it hurts, don’t spit it out.
Hold on to it as a boy holds hot morsels
Between his teeth,
Unwilling to let go.