- 1.Love like an Inferno a Boy by Osemwengie Zion
- 2.Love by Hajaarh Muhammad Bashar
- 3.Àbèfé by Oladele Taiwo Oluwaseyi
- 4.Universal Love by Ekpeki Oghenechovwe Donald
- 5.Adesua by Onuchukwu Joseph Chimezie
- 6.Love Like… by Abdulbasit Abubakar Adamu
- 7.Love in Paragraphs by Chukwu Nneoma Jane
- 8.Write for Love 2018: Here Come the Lists
- 9.Love’s Affair by Nsofor Olivia Onyinye
- 10.Letter to Awero by Tomori Lateef
- 11.Let me Tell you by Winlade Isreal
Let me sing the ode of your charming presence
That crept swaggerly into my infant heart
When your lips unveiled the ray of joy behind them.
Let me cry the defeat of my strong heart
At the altar of your burning love
That melted the strong iron heart in my soul.
Let me eulogise your perfuming beauty
That arrested my nose
And drove him into reverie to lick your lips.
I must not write off the day
I stood trembling under the rain of rejection
Before the sun of courage dried all fears from my cloth.
I stepped on your hot lair
And spat the blazing fire of love
That burnt and still burns in my marrow.
I came with an icily scorching tongue
To quench any fire of “no” that may break out,
But, it only intensified the scorching heat that enveloped me.
I left your presence leaving my brain.
It stood under lashing rain and ebullient sun
Poring on how the Creator creatively created your charming figure.
Let me tell you the tumor growing in my brain,
I just signed a contract of life madness
If love stands as madness for your sake.
I wish to spit these words on your face
In my family hive of oneness,
If my feet could stand and win your smile.
I wish to stand at the crest of the globe
Bawling to the figures that toil the green land,
How I doffed my cap at your illuminating beauty.